Here are some things parents should know about the SPS Library/Media Center and about the services we offer.
· Students visit the Media Center every other week for library class & book checkout. On alternate weeks students exchange their library books on the same day as their class day. 5K will begin check out in a few months.
· Books are due one week from check out.
· There are no overdue charges but we do expect students to be responsible for what they check out and pay for lost or damaged books. Please do not attempt to repair books at home.
· Students cannot check out until they've returned all items.
· Parents can visit and check out items for their child—just sign in at the front office and it’s best if you call ahead so class time isn’t disturbed.
· Our lessons focus on:
o How to look up information whether in a library, in a book or on the Internet.
o How to evaluate the information we find and how to use the Internet safely.
o Learning about different genres in literature.
o Reading for pleasure, knowledge and self-improvement
· Please read with your child and talk to them about their library visits. Check out our school website at www.saludaschools.org/sps to find great info and links for parents and students. I'll be posting a website of the week on the SPS homepage as well.